Recently I had a poll to see what kind of tutorials y'all would like to see on here. Accessories received the most votes, so today I am going to show y'all how to make felt bows. These are fun and fast to make, you'll want one in every color!
You will need:
hot glue gun
lace and/or cotton fabric (you'll just need a small piece so it's a perfect way to use up those tiny scraps!)
clip, headband, or barrette
1. Cut three rectangles of felt: 6" x 1 1/4", 4 x 1 1/4" and 2 5/8" x 3/4".
2. Cut triangles out of the ends of the middle sized piece of felt.
3. Take the longest piece of felt, put a line of glue on each end and fold them to meet in the center.
4. Fold the same piece in half lengthwise (with the seam on the bottom) and fold the long sides back to create a bow shape.
5. Put a dab of glue in each fold of the bow to make the shape hold. Then glue it to the center of the piece with the cut out triangles.
6. Take the smallest piece of felt and glue one end to the back folding the edge of the middle piece toward the back. Then wrap it around and glue in place.
The bow looks really cute like this,
but it looks even cuter when you wrap some lace around the middle.
Or you can cut a 2 5/8" x 1 1/4" piece of cotton fabric, press the sides under 1/4" and glue it around the bow.
Now glue a hair clip, headband, barrette or brooch on the back for a pretty new accessory. Enjoy!
linking up here: