Pages

October 14, 2010

Dress Design for Shabby Apple Dresses

This is my Shabby Apple dress design for Shabby Apple Dresses. I have been thinking about making this dress for a long time, and finally got started when I found out about Shabby Apple's Dare to Design contest.
 

The inspiration for this dress came from "the t-shirt". I wanted a comfortable, casual cotton knit dress that I could wear every day. 

The top starts like a regular t-shirt and flares out into an A-line skirt. Drawstrings tie on the sides for a more fitted look.

I used elastic thread to shirr the sleeves. I had never used it before and I love the way the sleeves turned out. 
 

I had fun making this dress. I have altered patterns many times, but this was my first time sewing a piece of clothing with my own pattern. I think this dress would also look nice in a solid color with some applique design on the skirt. That is what I am going to try next!

Thanks to my sister Abigail for her wonderful photography!

15 comments:

  1. I LOVE it!! So beautifully done. Have you ever considered selling dresses? I know it's hard for me to find them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alison, it's adorable! Do you think you could enlarge the pattern for me? I would love a dress like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, y'all!

    I do want to try selling dresses after I get my pattern graded (made into more sizes).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE IT! it is so cute.♥

    Anna Silverberg

    ReplyDelete
  5. ♫Love it♫!!!
    Rachel ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute!I would love to have a pattern like that!

    ♥Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! You did an excellent job making it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like that dress!! It is so cute and modest! It is also VERY cute(I am a total freak over pink!!!)! I would love to make one of those!
    I also like to make my own patterns and try and make things I see in magazines! It is such fun to see how it turns out!!

    Sami(came over from Bramblewood fashion)
    samiant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks to you, I have learned many interesting things. I hope to learn still. I congratulate you for this wonderful sharing. Keep going !
    voyance gratuite mail

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really very useful tips are provided here. Thank you so much. Keep up the good works.

    ReplyDelete
  11. “I was looking for this information in search engines and thank god I got this information here. Thanks a lot”.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful information. Good to know this valuable article.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Merci pour cet article très complet encore une fois
    voyance totalement gratuit

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope long life to your site. Above all, never be discouraged

    voyance par mail rapide offerte

    ReplyDelete