Pages

January 14, 2011

Refashion Friday - New Blog Feature


I have recently discovered that I love to refashion clothing into new and improved items that I will actually wear. And I have an enormous tub full of clothes patiently awaiting their makeover. So I am going to attempt to do one refashion a week, and on Friday show y'all what I have done, and maybe even include a tutorial now and then! I might not be able to do this every Friday, but I will as often as I can.

Today I am going to show y'all how I turned a shirt into a skirt. 

With the shirring around the middle, this shirt was too small to wear as a shirt, but it fit as a skirt waistband.
 

 First, I cut off the bodice.

Then I cut 5" off the bottom of the skirt.

I wanted to put a green ruched (gathered on both sides) panel in between the plaid, so I made a tier that was one and a half times as long as the bottom of the plaid piece. I basted the green tier on top and bottom, gathered it up and sewed it between the plaid pieces.

 I love it!

Linking up to:




7 comments:

  1. I'm so impressed with your refashioned skirt! Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute, Alison! I'm looking forward to your coming refashioning-creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smart and very fashionable! you've got talent Girl!

    xoxo,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to refashion things it is so much fun to see how you can change things to make something completely different. I also have a box or two of things I need to do something with. Maybe I will have to blog about them if i ever get around to fixing them.


    ♥Michelle
    Thanks for stopping by and commenting

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would never have thought of that! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is super cute! I love it. I might try doing this. Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful information. Good to know this valuable article.

    ReplyDelete