Pages

May 6, 2011

Rose Trio Top

So here is my second entry for the Spring Top Sewalong

It is really comfortable. I will definitely be wearing it a lot this spring and summer! I modified the t-shirt pattern I had already drafted and cut this shirt out of a men's large t-shirt I bought at a thrift store. I think I paid a dollar for it. I like sewing this way ~ even if it doesn't turn out I still haven't wasted a bunch of money on fabric! I used fabric from a white t-shirt for the roses and followed Sewtakeahike's tutorial.
Here is a close up:

11 comments:

  1. Beuatiful! Adorable! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really neat? Did you make up your own pattern, or modify a commercial one?
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of your entries are positively adorable, but this one is my absolute favorite! I love the style, and the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julia - yes, I did make my own pattern. I traced a t-shirt, added seam allowances and changed the shape a bit for a better fit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like that, Alison. Great job!!!

    Anna Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cute It looks very comfy!

    ♥Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alison, you did a beautiful job! And I love your blog refashion too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is sooo pretty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Indeed, this realization is a true wonder, thank you for this article anyway.

    voyance gratuite mail

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for this article which adds + in what we already know. I follow you for a few months, and I thank you for your advice that help young bloggers today to better advance their business.

    ReplyDelete