Pages

February 25, 2013

blank pages // a booklet diy

A blank page is no empty space. It is brimming with potential... it is a masterpiece in waiting -- yours
// A. A. Patawaran 

Ah, there is something about making something with ones own hands, that is very relaxing and therapeutic. Especially simple things. Like a booklet that came together from a piece of cardboard from who-knows-what, a watercolor painting of a feather, and paper given to you by your grandmother years ago.

supplies: piece of cardboard, paper, stylus, ruler, scissors, stapler, artwork or something to embellish the cover

Take the cardboard you'll be using as your booklet cover and mark the center. Run a stylus along the ruler to make the cardboard easier to bend.

Cut out pages that are slightly smaller than your booklet cover. Each piece of paper will be folded in half, so if you want twenty pages you would cut ten pieces of paper.

Lay the pages on the cover and staple into place along the center. 

Now enjoy your little book: give it to someone special or keep it for yourself. A book that you have made will become more a part of you than one you could buy. Fill it with thoughts, designs, dreams, sketches. Make it your own.

23 comments:

  1. How lovely! I got into bookmaking a few years ago, but haven't made anything in a while. This is just the inspiration I needed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, I like this! I will have to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So neat! I love little projects like this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've nominated your for the Liebster Award. I've been reading your blog for a couple of years, and I love your ideas! http://coffeewithus3.blogspot.com/2013/03/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coucou
    Un p’tit mot juste pour te dire que ton blog est génial.
    Continue comme ça et que la force soit avec toi
    voyance gratuitement

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice Stuff..! I also wish him good luck to defend his gold medal. I definitely enjoyed every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will not do in originality but your blog is so good you can not say anything other than THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a really good read for me. Must agree that you are one of the best bloggers I ever saw. Thanks for posting this informative article.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work! This is the type of info that should be shared around the internet. Shame on the search engines for not positioning this post higher! Come on over and visit my site . Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Helpful info. Lucky me I discovered your website by chance, and I’m shocked why this twist of fate didn’t took place earlier! I bookmarked it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello, I love your blog it's really nice
    continued like that for the rest of it is really perfect believe me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, I love your blog it's really nice
    continued like that for the rest of it is really perfect believe me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's amazing when you find a good content in today's internet.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's amazing when you find a good content in today's internet.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the site and all content.
    Congratulations and thank you

    ReplyDelete
  16. This post is really fantastic! Thanks for all the effort that you do to make this blog succeed.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Vos partages me plaient beaucoup! C'est super!!!

    voyance gratuite en ligne par mail

    ReplyDelete
  18. Je suis vraiment fière de vous découvrir, votre blog est vraiment super !

    ReplyDelete
  19. Voilà une description qui donne envie... Je le note dans un coin ! :)

    voyance gratuite par mail

    ReplyDelete

  20. Très bon blog et merci d'en faire profiter.

    voyance email

    ReplyDelete
  21. Que j'aime beaucoup votre site. Vous donnez avec tant de générosité que je ne peux pas sous silence mon merci.
    voyance discount gratuite

    ReplyDelete