Pages

July 15, 2011

Refashion Friday: Flip Flops


How do you get cute summer sandals for $1? You hit the $1 flip flop sale at Old Navy and refashion them! I cut the plastic straps off my flip flops and then made my own knit fabric straps. I love them! My pattern needs a little tweaking, but I liked how they turned out for my first pair.

I want to make a tutorial for these, but it's kind of hard to make a pattern and take pictures for a tutorial at the same time so you'll have to wait until I make another pair. :)

I put sequins on mine, but there are lots of possibilities for other accents like flowers or ruffles. The sequins were from the shirt that I cut up to make these flip flops.

I've enjoyed doing Refashion Friday posts again! Obviously, I haven't been doing them every week like I intended, but since it's just for fun and de-stashing I guess it doesn't really matter.

linking up here:
Frugalicious Friday
Frugal Friday  
Weekend Wrap-Up Party 

9 comments:

  1. Very, very cute!! God has sure gifted you in the creative dept. I have a question for you. I know you have created skirts from jeans. Do you think you could do the same with pregnancy jeans into a pregnancy skirt? I'd love to have a long, maternity jean skirt. Let me know if it's something you feel up to tackling/what you would charge/what I would need to provide you with, etc. thanks! if it's not something you want to do, it's not a problem at all :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them! Please do a tutorial. I will definitely follow it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never woulda' thought to do that! Very neat :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. if you dont want to make a toutorial there is a very simalar one here

    http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2011/07/flip-flop-refashion-part-2-fabric-straps-with-beads.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I saw that after I had made these. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are cute! My daughter would love to make these, thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these!!! I can't wait to see the tutorial. Thank you.:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Superb blog much more complete and practical. It will take me months to "catch up" my delay.
    A big thank-you.
    Voyance gratuite par mail en ligne rapidement

    ReplyDelete