Pages

December 1, 2011

Refashion friday: purple jersey skirt


I found this maternity dress for my sister at a garage sale and it turned out she already had one exactly like it! So she said I could keep it to make something with.


I took the bodice off the dress and then took off the first tier of the skirt. Out of that tier I cut a yoga-style waistband. I followed these instructions, only mine doesn't fold over because I didn't have enough fabric. Then I gathered the skirt and stitched my waistband onto it. It is definitely my most comfortable skirt!



7 comments:

  1. It turned out very nice! And I love the sweater you're wearing with it, although I think the grey and white striped one goes better with the purple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A skirt that is both adorable and comfy - I love it! Besides, it's purple... You look tall and stately in this photo, incidentally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I love that skirt! That is a really good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much for this nice discovery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The transformation of the purple jersey skirt is impressive, and it now looks like a fashionable and trendy piece that anyone would love to wear!
    https://promocodehq.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. On the internet, your blog is like a breath of fresh air. We appreciate your commitment to providing high-caliber material. hollister employee discount

    ReplyDelete