Pages

December 12, 2011

Vintage

Emily, from Feathering the Nest started a daily photo project for the month of December called Finding Beauty in the Ordinary. This week I am planning to join her!

Today I decided to post some pictures of a few vintage items in my room. I enjoy vintage things especially if it's something that belonged to a family member.

[ This brass colander was given to my parents as a wedding gift. I know it really belongs in the kitchen, but I keep a knitting project I'm working on in it! ]

[ This candy dish belonged to my Father's grandmother. He remembers getting mints out of it when he was a boy. :) ]

 [ I love the acorn knob! ]

[ The copy of Pilgrim's Progress also belonged to my Great Grandmother. ]

[ Abigail and I recently bought this chair at a garage sale. It's nice and comfortable! We call it "the throne". ]

9 comments:

  1. This is a very beautiful post! You girls have done a great job decorating your room. I love that you keep your knitting in a colander! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the candy dish! It's very pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love antique things too. The chair looks nice in your room.

    Anna Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! The throne! I love it! And I love your room! Wish mine looked that nice. I also like that you keep your knitting in the colander. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like that last picture! Looks very professional!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the chair!! Garage sales are great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love it! The Throne looks like a wonderful book-reading location! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your room is so pretty! I love the way the two of you have decorated it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great article and right to the point. I don’t know if this is in fact the best place to ask but do you people have any ideea where to employ some professional writers? Thank you

    ReplyDelete