Pages

April 6, 2012

Sunset stripes tee





This is my first entry for the Spring Top Sewalong over at Made by Rae.




 I made this top out of a lightweight knit that is uber comfortable and will be nice to wear in
our hot Texas weather. 

I used this free pattern for my top: 1 Piece Kimono Tee. It's an extremely easy pattern and I just love how well it turned out. I owe this result to my new double needle. If you sew with knits and don't have a double needle you don't know what you're missing out on. It is truly amazing! It's placed in your machine just like a normal needle, but since there are two needles on the post it creates two rows of stitching. On the back it makes a kind of zig zag which allows the whole seam to stretch, something that is essential when sewing with knits. Sewing with a double needle made my hemming go so much smoother. It is no longer a nightmare to hem knits, but a delight! You can buy a double needle for under ten dollars so what are you waiting for? ;)

A close up of the stitching.

It's always a lot of fun to see all the tops that have been entered! You can find them here.

8 comments:

  1. That is really cute!
    Anna Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, Alison! Where did you find the fabric? Can't wait to see you.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, girls!

    Hannah, I found the fabric at Hancocks. I can't wait to see you either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute! I would love to try a shirt like that but I always have a hard time finding knits.

    ♥Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love this shirt! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the good times in your blog. I am often in the position to watch (again and again) those wonderful articles you shared. Really interesting. Good luck to you !

    voyance gratuite immediate

    ReplyDelete
  7. I appreciate, cause I found just what I was looking for. You’ve ended my four day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a nice day. Bye

    ReplyDelete