Pages

March 28, 2011

Hannah's Dress

Shortly after I made this dress for the Shabby Apple Design Contest, a friend asked me to make one for her niece, HannahIt needed to be a different size than mine so I was presented with the problem of pattern grading. (Pattern grading is explained here.) I looked into getting the pattern graded professionally, but it was pretty expensive, so I decided I needed to learn how to do it myself. I found a tutorial that has understandable and easy to follow instructions. If you would like to sew something with a pattern that doesn't have your size, I recommend learning this technique. 

Here is Hannah looking lovely in her new dress!
I had fun making the flowers by the neckline. I sewed them onto snaps so they could be taken off when the dress is laundered.

Did you notice the simple Serendipities tag? ;) That's my favorite part of the dress, I think! I printed my logo onto iron on transfer paper, transferred it to a piece of twill tape and sewed it in.

11 comments:

  1. WOW, Alison, you did a terrific job on that dress!!! :o))) And your model makes it all the more beautiful! I love Hannah. Great work. I'm so impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is for the first that I just visited your site and I find it really interesting! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. “I was looking for this information in search engines and thank god I got this information here. Thanks a lot”.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love this post I will visit again to read your post in a very short time and I hope you will make more posts like this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. An excellent congratulations for an excellent subject and an excellent blog !!!

    voyance gratuite par Email

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great, In my opinion simply done a fanatastic level. You certainly fully understand just what you are talking about, and I might rather become powering that. Nice living then straight up but straightforward.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Indeed, this achievement is a real wonder, thank you for this article anyway.

    voyance en ligne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations for your beautiful site! Congratulations and good luck!

    voyance gratuite amour

    ReplyDelete
  9. I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment.
    voyance totalement gratuit

    ReplyDelete