Pages

March 28, 2011

Hannah's Dress

Shortly after I made this dress for the Shabby Apple Design Contest, a friend asked me to make one for her niece, HannahIt needed to be a different size than mine so I was presented with the problem of pattern grading. (Pattern grading is explained here.) I looked into getting the pattern graded professionally, but it was pretty expensive, so I decided I needed to learn how to do it myself. I found a tutorial that has understandable and easy to follow instructions. If you would like to sew something with a pattern that doesn't have your size, I recommend learning this technique. 

Here is Hannah looking lovely in her new dress!
I had fun making the flowers by the neckline. I sewed them onto snaps so they could be taken off when the dress is laundered.

Did you notice the simple Serendipities tag? ;) That's my favorite part of the dress, I think! I printed my logo onto iron on transfer paper, transferred it to a piece of twill tape and sewed it in.

4 comments:

  1. WOW, Alison, you did a terrific job on that dress!!! :o))) And your model makes it all the more beautiful! I love Hannah. Great work. I'm so impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My warmest congratulations on your site! It helped me a lot and liked, especially that all your shares are interesting. Long life to your site. Above all, never give up; your blog is really on top!

    voyance par mail

    ReplyDelete